Monday, November 15, 2021

Thats the end of Six meters for a while..

Got a bit too windy today..

I was out walking around the local park and lake not far from here when that gust turned up, just about blew me over sideways, branches cracking and flying out of the trees, 5 minutes later it was gone like nothing happened. 

6m LFA bent
Not a good rake either!

6m LFA bent

¯\_(ツ)_/¯


In the few weeks I had the antenna up, I got some good results on FT8, Florida being the furtherest:

6m grids



Unbending 6m LFA

26 Nov, straightening bent antenna with a straight edge and mallet, finding and removing each bend, after getting the big bends out with the vice. Of course I have the laptop remoted into the shack PC with FT8 running on 10m watching for KL2R in Alaska, once we get 10m logged thats a clean sweep on all bands 160-10m.

20 March 2022 I have the LFA back in the sky, and upgraded my mast mounting system to better resist unexpectedly strong wind gusts.